Today (Friday) at before daybreak, a clash took place at camp 18 of Ukhiya refugee camp where seven refugees have been killed. APBN members arrested one Muzibur Rahman in this connection.
The deceased have been identified as:
- Idris (32) of Balukhali-2,
- Ibrahim Hossain (22) of Balukhali-1,
- Azizul Haque (27), son of Basunda Nurul Islam of H block of Camp No. 17,
- Abul Hossain’s son Md. Amin (32),
- Nurul Alam alias Halim (45), son of Mohammad Nabi,
- Hamid Ullah (55), son of Rahim Ullah and
- Nur Qaiser (15), son of Nur Mohammad.
APBN said we brought the situation under control. But the motive behind the incident is unknown yet. The bodies have been sent to the morgue for autopsy.
According to some local residents, the attack was carried out by ARSA.
[WARNING This post contains graphic images that may be disturbing to viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.]