Fire spread out at Cox’s Bazar Sadar Hospital: A refugee patient dies

A 65 years old refugee woman patient died due to shortage of oxygen at Cox’s Bazar Sadar hospital on Wednesday while blazing broke out from an abandoned room of ground floor of the hospital at 6 PM.

The deceased is identified as Gul Bahar (65) wife of Late Ali Akbar inmate of Block-(H) at Nayapara registered refugee camp of Teknaf Upazila. Gul Bahar is the mother of three daughters and 3 sons.

“My mother was asthmatics. When she became serious, she was sent to Coxsbazar Sadar hospital for asthma treatment where she succumbed due to lack of oxygen while unexpectedly fire broke out inside hospital”, said Dil Mohammed, 2nd son of Gul Bahar.

The doctors, nurses, patients, caretakers and other people ran in different directions when the news of the fire spread out.

Two fire brigades came to the spot immediately and brought the situation under control, and at around 7 pm the situation became normal when electricity came back.

0 Comments